Thursday, June 24, 2010

Test 3, More Mnemonics, Baa Baa Brain

Whew. I finally got a solid A on one of my lecture exams! I'm pretty happy about it, since I'm aiming for an A in the class. This will give me a bit more room to breathe for the final exam and lab quiz.

We were instructed today to memorize those 12 Cranial Nerves. Well, at least I remember the mnemonic I made up. But now I have to actually know the names of the nerves they stand for. In order. Also, the organ they relate to. And whether it's a Motor, Sensory, or Mixed (both) type. :( Fortunately, there's a mnemonic for the Motor/Sensory/Mixed (B): Some Say Money Matters, But My Brother Says Big Balls Matter More. This one sticks only because one of my classmates uses it as his mnemonic. Unfortunately, it's now stuck. But I guess that's the whole point, huh?

We also started on the sheep brain in lab tonight. We have 19 places in the brain we have to be able to name for the final lab practical, including the cow's eye next week. I'm not as worried about that part, but the last lecture exam is going to be a lot to remember. A lot to read!

No comments: