Monday, May 3, 2010

No Sleep

I'm exhausted. This may become a regular occurrence once summer class starts. But this time, it was my own fault. A research paper was due today for English class and I procrastinated till yesterday. I really, really have a difficult time writing well. It's like having 50 bubbles of disparate ideas over my head, and I have no idea how to combine them to make a coherent paper. Hm! I just thought of a way to compensate my poor process: write out all those ideas, cut them in strips, and then put them in order, filling in along the way. Since I am thought-to-speech-challenged, I think seeing the ideas and then moving them visually might help me write an essay more logically. I tend to become overwhelmed by all the ideas I want to touch upon and end up rewriting over and over again, creating a mess of a paper whose first draft looks like a jumbled diagram with arrows. I'll try this with my next paper.

Anyways! Overall, I am satisfied with the paper, but then in class, he pulled a sentence from my conclusion to critique. Although I had read it over this morning, the unwieldy, rambling sentence jumped out at me right away. The professor commented, "This is the sentence you get when you're writing really late at night." Yes, I was guilty of that, but in fact, I had added to this sentence that morning, in an attempt to make it more sophisticated. Bad idea, I guess. Only 1 more paper to write, and then another class, and a final exam. Then the real fun and test of wills begin with A+P I (Anat. + Physio I).

Oh, and yes. I finally settled everything for the summer and fall! I am officially a "Transfer Student" and therefore, paying less per credit. Summer, I'm still a non-degree student, but at least I'm enrolled in classes I need.

No comments: