Tuesday, May 25, 2010

English Comp Final Exam

I survived, barely. It was my last day of English Comp I class and as usual, I froze up and couldn't think. I have a real problem writing essays under pressure and with time constraints, but this time it was worse. It was two parts, and the first part was fine. But as usual, the essay part was a struggle for me. I tried to relax by taking deep breaths but that just made me panic and sweat more as all I could think of was the time wasted by doing so. If I didn't have carpal tunnel before today, I think I just developed it. My hand cramped badly most of the duration. And my neck and shoulders tightened up. I don't know why. It felt like I had no control, and I never did relax until I walked out the door. I *did* manage to finish, amazingly. However, I'm not very happy with the conclusion since it was written quickly. One other student remained when I left. In any case, I'm just happy to have it done!!

On a brighter note, I received solid A's on both my research paper and last essay. Let's hope today's final exam doesn't kill my good grade so far. If only I could control how nerve-wracking writing can be. I have no problem writing at home (although it's still a struggle), but I just cannot master the timed written essay!

This final essay exam made me question if I'm going to freeze and panic during my science exams. I'm reasoning I won't have this problem since it's a different kind of testing: either you know it or you don't. If there will be any panicking, it will be before the exam. BUT, hopefully this won't be the case. I tried to recall science exams in college years, but I couldn't remember them, nor how prepared I felt. Freshman year, I took 2 semesters of Chemistry (my most feared subject at the time) and didn't do too badly. So it reassures me that the capability to pass science exams still exists in me somewhere! :)

Speaking of science exams, I start AP I in one week. Eeps! Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my long holiday weekend and last week of freedom. :)  :(

No comments: