Monday, April 26, 2010

More School Maze

It just doesn't end. I had been all set to officially transfer for the fall semester, and I stopped by to check that everything moved properly and I was still enrolled for Organic Chem in the fall. They seemed not sure if my two semesters of General Chem in college were really General Chem I and II because it said General Chemistry for both semesters. Nevermind the courses were 103 and 104! They called someone on the phone to confirm. Thankfully it was fine. But just as I was wrapping things up, I opened my big mouth and said, "Yes, it's been a while". *BIG mistake* They noticed it had been more than 5 years since these classes and therefore, I needed to get the Chemistry Chair to approve taking Organic Chem.

I really wanted to throw in the towel at that point. I had been visiting the school almost every day for the past week, and haven't even described on this blog the previous little hiccups that necessitated each one. I just want to get these classes done! If I have to take Chem 101 all over again, it will throw off my schedule. I bemoaned all this to M, who asked if I needed a prescription for Prozac. Ha ha. I wasn't truly about to give up, but it gave me pause and reinforced those days I wonder if this is worth all the headache. Sometimes I cannot fathom what the hell I'm doing. All this effort for a *maybe* shot to getting into this *one* school's PA program. My weekends are almost non-existent. I'm so exhausted, I come home from the hospital volunteer days and nap. I am already chewing off my nails wondering how I'll handle the summer accelerated classes. Will I be the only one who is working full time while also taking a crazy class meeting every evening of the week, save one? Can I keep this up for another year? I'm too tired to figure it out.

No comments: