Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another Trip Through the School Maze

Today was Summer/Fall registration for classes. I only had to spend 2.5 hrs in the school maze this time. But it was frustrating to find that no matter how prepared I tried to be, I seemed to have asked the wrong questions and ended up with an obstacle course. It didn't help that I was also still recovering from the tail end of a lingering cold with a hacking cough and congestion I couldn't shake.

I was trying to become a matriculated student by officially transferring. However, I didn't realize it required a recent official transcript for a certificate I earned long ago. The work-around was to continue as a "non-degree student" which would allow me to register and reserve a spot in the classes. However, to be matriculated means vastly cheaper cost per credit.

Although I arrived early to register, it turned out I still had to stand in an admissions line to roll over my spring non-degree status to summer non-degree status. Sigh. It never gets easier.

Buuuuuut.... it was all worth it! I got registered for Anatomy and Physiology I and II for the summer, evenings. They are 1 month long each. I'm excited but nervous of just how difficult it will be when juggling it with my work schedule. Oh well. I'll deal with it as it comes. In addition, I registered for my fall semester class: Organic Chem I. So I feel better now that things are squared away with classes. It's one thing off my checklist and so far.... things are going on schedule as planned. Next spring semester, I'll take Microbiology and be done with my requirements! But, for now, I although one worry is off my plate, I now need to be concerned with getting a good grade in my intensive summer classes. :-/  Wish me luck!

No comments: