Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finally?

I think everything is set with my transfer and classes. I say that hesitantly, because experience dictates that nothing is easy at this city school. But, I can gladly report that I received permission from the Chemistry Dept. Chair for Orgo Chem. Now, I can officially transfer and pay the cheaper per credit tuition. Tracking down the Chair wasn't easy (none of this process seems to be). After sending an email, calling, and leaving a message, I decided to stop by after work to see if he was still around. Fortunately, he was, and I had a really pleasant conversation with him. He was really interesting in knowing why I was taking the class. He had no problems approving me for the class and wrote down several things I should review in preparation. I felt he really wanted to help me succeed, and that was such a great feeling after the roller-coaster registration process.

As twisted as all this running around has been, I've found the people I've encountered to be incredibly helpful, pleasant, and really care. I think they can tell when someone is serious about furthering their education and when they meet them, they want to do what they can. Let's hope this attitude continues when classes begin!

No comments: