Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July! And happy end of A&P I! Thursday was the last day of class and the last quiz in lab. There were the usual 25 stations with numbered flags on a part of the eye or brain that we had to identify. It wasn't so bad, but I got tripped up at a couple stations of the brain. By the time I had moved on and we were finishing up the test, I realized I had the same answer for two. And worse, I couldn't quite remember which number went to which flagged part of the brain. Plus, we weren't allowed to go back to any of the stations (we'd all rotate to the left until all stations were met). I did some quick mental visualizing and looking at the remaining brain in front of me to try to remember. I ended up with 25/25. Whew!

And...I'm proud to announce I got an A in the class! This is a milestone for me. Mainly because I haven't taken a science class since college and really wasn't sure how I'd do. But I also realized that I have never aimed to get in A in a class, including in college. I told M. that I couldn't even remember how I ever made it through final exams in college. I don't recall how I studied and I'm sure I didn't retain anything once the exam was over. This going back to school however, seems to be a whole new experience. I'm completely opposite now!

So I am going to enjoy my first weekend in a month, when I don't have to study for anything. However, it will be my ONLY weekend, as A&P II starts up on Tuesday. :( I have a feeling it's going to be more difficult material and a more difficult professor. Wish me luck!

No comments: