Tuesday, July 20, 2010

iPhone App Goodness

I'm obsessed with my iPhone. Although, I admit the novelty is wearing off. I've spent so much money on just trying to find a good finance app to budget/balance my spending. In the end, I realized I really don't trust any app that syncs to my online accounts, no matter what they say about privacy. So, I've stuck with one app that pretty much stays on my iPhone or syncs to my computer.

So here are my favorite apps over this past week:

Accounts - Checkbook - see above comment.
Switzerland Memory Game - beautiful Swiss vintage memory cards in an app game. Free!
Tiltshift Generator - Can't take the designer out of me entirely! This is a great photo effect app
iTalk Recorder - Fantastic recording app. I have to thank my classmate for this. It's been great for my class to refer back to when studying. 3 of us use this in lecture! Creates some big files, but just download them to your desktop through their easy link. Free!
Dragon Dictation - Credit goes to my co-worker who was looking for an easy way to talk your txts or emails and then paste them into another app to send. Works great, and again, Free!
Pulse - Great news aggregator! But in a visual way and allows you to choose your content. Works best with sites that post a visual with each entry, but still a good way to get your headlines for the sites you frequent. Very easy to set up, intuitive, and sure beats boring bookmarks!

Last, but not least. This one is fun. Talking Carl. It repeats everything it hears but in a higher, cuter squeal. I like holding it up to clear song lyrics. Also, it's fun to make it repeat something in another language. This YouTube video illustrates another funny and original way of getting even more fun out of it! Enjoy!

No comments: