Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Little Summer Left

My last class (and exam) of summer was Monday! I'm happy to report I received the grade I wanted. I should probably relish it now, as orgo chem is around the corner! It's been odd not having to run to class after work, four times a week. But I know fall will come fast and furious. I have already restarted my NYCares event at the hospital. This was the first one since the summer hiatus, so I was a little nervous; especially as I was on my own this time without the hospital liaison. However, it went really smoothly. We had a great group of volunteers and the kids and parents really enjoyed the dessert treats!

I start my first volunteer day at Hospital1 on Monday. As always, starting something new is full of anticipation, but also anxiety. In addition, I'll soon be starting up my regular weekends at Hospital2 again. My class begins on the 26th. Just a sliver of summer left for me. I didn't expect it, but I felt a bit lost this week with this sudden amount of free time. I'm sure that feeling won't last once fall semester begins. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying just being a slug. I'm calling friends who I haven't had time to meet up with and doing errands or making appointments that I've neglected. I'm sure there are many more things I *need* to get done.

In a stroke of perfect timing, my friend is throwing his annual Beach BBQ event this weekend—an excellent way to get a hefty dose of summer!

No comments: